CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

God is most Glorified in me, when I am most satisfied in Him.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Last night my husband and I were up till 2am talking. We were discussing issues I have with being so frustrated with people, in my life, who have a lot. A lot, meaning finical freedom, money to do, and have, what ever they want. This is where my frustration, or jealousy comes in. I feel, I am mostly on the path to righteousness. Constantly striving to better myself. As a family we work hard to make God the number one priority. Yet in the finical area, we are slowly crawling out of the hole we dug ourselves in. So here is the question. Why do people, who do not have God as the number one priority, seem to have and get whatever they want? Not just because they are good stewards of their money. They just seem to always have it (money). And how in the world can my husband be genuinely excited for them. On a side note, if you don't know him, he is one of the most amazing men on the face of the planet. And it isn't because he is my husband either. He truly is astonishing. OK, back to the topic. Last night talking with Christian I finally got it. God is most Glorified in me, when I am most satisfied in Him! He kept saying it over and over. It was the answer to every question I had for him. I finally said "I hear what you are saying" Christian's reply was "No you don't" Then he said "Heather, we may not have everything we want. But God is most Glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in Him." I think this is when it clicked. He went on to say "What is so sad, is God is not Glorified in there lives. Because they are not satisfied in Him." DING DING DING I got it! And I will never question this subject again. This will forever be my motto for life!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I struggle with that a lot considering that Jonathan and I have made some pretty drastic changes in the past couple of years for him to go back to school. It can get hard to watch friends who are the same age buying homes, cars, etc. when that has been put on the back burner for us. One thing that is helpful for me to remember is that many of the people whose stuff I envy are living beyond their means and building up massive amounts of debt. I'll take the simple life over that any day. But it is hard not to compare! Great thoughts.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for posting this Heather! I too can relate to your struggle and I'm thankful that you have posted this. It truly does help. :) It is a hard thing to grasp when you know how hard your spouse works to provide and do, as you say...dig out of the hole we put ourselves in. God is faithful and just. He provides what we need, not what we want and I too will not visit this subject again.
Thank you!!!

Kristi said...

Thanks, Heather! I too have been struggling with the same thing. We, too, are digging out of debt and making up for some past mistakes, etc. But it seems never-ending, and it's sometimes hard to watch others have/take/get what I want (vacations, remodel their house, a stupid mini-van, etc.) and it makes me feel kinda jealous more than happy for them. But then I realized recently that part of this issue is that we've made a choice- most of these people are 2-income households...but we've made the choice for me to be home with the kids-something I've felt a 'calling' to do since I was 19 years old. (although it didn't happen for awhile for various reasons.) So by that choice, we may not have that extra money to do things with like those other friends who have more income. But, they're also making a sacrifice, by not being able to be with their kids. All in all, I realized that in the long run, I think I will cherish these times with my kiddos alot more than I will a vacation to Branson, or a new recliner. And also realizing that "He is MORE THAN ENOUGH!" Thanks again for sharing!