CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

It's been awhile

Monday, November 9, 2009

Well I can't believe how long it has been since I last did a post. I told myself I was going to be consistent, to get my thoughts out. But alas, life as a mom. And speaking of mom. That is the reason for this post. I am pregnant!!!!! I am due April the 12Th. So many emotions have come and gone during this time, mostly fear. Fear of losing another baby. When I first found out I was pregnant, at the end of July, I was at a point of desperation. I needed a word form the Lord just to get some peace. I remember crying out to God, letting him know how scared I was. I never just pick up the bible and open it to get a scripture. I always use the concordance and look up scripture, that way I won't take it out of context. However I just grabbed my bible, almost in a state of panic, and told the Lord I needed truth. My eyes looked straight at John 4:50. The text says "Go, your son will live". I couldn't believe it. So I began to read the whole chapter. Sure enough Jesus Is talking to the Official, who asks for healing from for his son. Jesus replies to his request, "Unless you see signs and wonders you will not believe." I can not tell you the feeling I got in the pit of my stomach. I was needing some sort of sign from the Lord instead of trusting Him. I began to pray and repent for my lack of trust. I began to feel such peace while I prayed. I still hold on the the scripture daily. I thank the Lord that I will Go, and my child will live. But what is even more amazing, is that I know God is still good. He is still sovereign. Whatever happens with the rest of this pregnancy, He is still God.

3 comments:

Jenny Roby said...

So very happy for you! I guess you know we are expecting baby boy #3 the end of Feb. Love you and am so thankful for God's work in your life!

KrisDot said...

That's great, girlie! And I'm learning the trust thing myself, I'm right there with ya!

Leslie said...

That's an amazing story...what a promise.