CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 21, 2008


This week the movie Curious George was on. I watched it with my 2 and a half year old Caleb. I must say I loved the movie, so did he. It really made me feel close to Caleb. We both laughed at the same parts and both said "poor George" at the same time. It made me realize that even though I am 30 years older than him, and his mother, we have a lot in common. Sometimes I get so caught up during the day that I forget to connect with my boys. Not because I don't enjoy them, I just have stuff to get done to run the household. However, this event has changed my mind. Today we made salt dough Christmas ornaments. By the time we were finished the kitchen was covered in flour. I loved it, and so did the boys. I placed myself in the same frame of mind as the kids. How does the dough feel, what cookie cutter will I use, I think I will pour flour on the floor. I LOVED it!!! How nice it was to be able to be a child again with no worries. It did make me sad when we started, and Caleb kept looking at me when he started to make a mess. I kept telling him "it's OK honey, just play. Don't worry about the mess." I realized that I had put that concern in him. I am not OK with that any more. I know it will take some time getting over some of my OCD tendencies. But I will defiantly make and effort.

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Wise words, Heather. That sounds like so much fun! Remember when we worked at TCC and we could justify doing things like coloring, salt dough, etc. every day??? Fun times.